BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) -- A Warren County garage caught fire today, spread to a camper and into a field.
The homeowner says he was planning on using his Sunday to celebrate Thanksgiving with his family. But those plans quickly changed.
"I could see the smoke from the interstate. When I got off at exit 28," Daryl Stark said.
He says he was running an errand when he got the call from family still at home.
"They said that the back of garage, there was a building back there, was engulfed," Stark said.
The fire started in the back of a garage, spread to a camper, and didn't stop.
"Probably close to 30 feet outside the structure, into the field and the yard behind it," Assistant Chief of the Richardsville Fire Department, Tracey Curtis said.
Firefighters say a burn ban doesn't really change how they respond to fires, just makes them be more cautious.
"It's still real dry outside so without a quick knockdown of grass, it could have spread into neighbors," Curtis added.
While foul play isn't suspected, the Department wants to remind everyone how dangerous dry conditions can be.
"Again, you're not supposed to be doing any outside burning at all. But make sure you wet around everything real good and make sure there's nothing that it can spread," Curtis said.
Firefighters were able to stop the fire before it spread to a field behind the house.
"Thank God for these firefighters. They really worked hard to get it put out and save the house at least. I was really proud of them, and thankful, very much," Stark added.
No one was hurt during the fire. The fire department says a fire marshal will be called to investigate what happened.