Warren County fire completely engulfs area man's barn

By  | 

WARREN COUNTY, Ky. (WBKO) -- A barn caught fire on Goshen Church Road in Oakland overnight.

The Gott Volunteer Fire Dept. responded to a call from the homeowner this morning around 3:30 a.m.

The homeowner says he usually keeps a heat lamp in the barn overnight and fears that was what may have caused the fire.

The Gott Fire Dept. says it's everything else that was inside the barn that made the fire spread so quickly.

"We arrived with a structure fully involved," said Gott Fire Dept. Chief, Jason Duckett, "The barn's full of hay rolls and farm implement equipment. That's our biggest thing we're dealing with right now is all the hay rolls that are on fire inside the barn."

The Gott Volunteer Fire Dept. was assisted by the Alvaton, Smiths Grove, and Richardsville Fire Depts.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus