And the list of recalled products continues to grow.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced a voluntary recall of various products all with excessive lead content.
Included in the recall are eight various companies with products ranging from toys to batteries.
The recall impacts more than a half-million Chinese made products.
- Wooden pull-along alphabet and math blocks wagons
- Wooden pull-along learning blocks wagons
- 10-in-1 activity learning carts
- Flip-flop alphabet blocks
- Baby Einstein color blocks
- Eveready toy flashlights
- Toys 'R' Us" children's decorating sets
- Bookmarks and journals from Antioch Publishing
- Aluminum water bottles from Sports Authority
- Key chains and tumblers from Dollar General
The surface paints on these toys contain excessive levels of lead, which violates the federal lead paint standard.
There have been no injuries or incidents reported although the Center for Disease Control does advise you to stop using these recalled products immediately.
There are many products that have been added to the CDC recall list and to see the complete list of items, click here.