The 2004 Leadership Bowling Green class has set a record for fundraising with its community service project. A 20-year-reunion was held in late September for all previous Leadership classes. The event at the National Corvette Museum raised four thousand dollars. The class chose the Kentucky Arthritis Foundation as its beneficiary. The money will go directly to Bowling Green's 3rd annual Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis.
The event is scheduled for Saturday, December 11 at Kereiakes Park in Bowling Green. Pre-registration begins at 8:30 and the run/walk begins at 9:30. This year's event includes breakfast, pictures with Santa, Christmas carolers, a Children's Activity Tent, and a Candy Cane Trot for Tots for three to eight year olds beginning at 9 a.m. Pre-registration is $20. Race day registration is $25.
You can pre-register at the following locations:
Nat's Run Shop
1121 Wilkinson Trace, Bowling Green
Tuesday, November 16, 4 - 7 p.m.
Tuesday, November 30, 4 - 7 p.m.
1110 Wilkinson Trace, Bowling Green
Thursday, November 18, 3 - 6 p.m.
Thursday, December 2, 3- 6 p.m.
wbko.com Extended Web Coverage
Jingle Bell Run
- The annual Jingle Bell Run/Walk takes place during the holiday season throughout November and December.
- The race’s cause is to help fight arthritis.
- Wear a seasonal costume and tie some jingling bells to your shoelaces, to jingle all the way to the finish line!
- The run is held in more than 100 cities across the country.
- Serves 687,000 men, women and children in Kentucky affected by arthritis.
- Contact info:
2908 Brownsboro Road
Louisville, KY 40206
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Source: Arthritis Foundation (www.arthritis.org) contributed to this report.