An autopsy shows Bill Gallimore and his wife died of carbon monoxide poisoning last Thursday on Cherry Street.
The cause of the leak is still under investigation. The two were buried Monday in Franklin.
wbko.com Extended Web Coverage
Steps to Reduce Carbon Monoxide Exposure
- Keep gas appliances properly adjusted.
- Consider purchasing a vented space heater when replacing an unvented one.
- Use proper fuel in kerosene space heaters.
- Install and use an exhaust fan vented outdoors over gas stoves.
- Choose properly sized wood stoves that are certified to meet EPA emission standards, make sure that wood stoves fit tightly.
- Have a trained professional inspect, clean, and tune-up central heating systems (furnaces, flues, and chimneys).
- Repair any leaks in the heating systems immediately.
- Do not idle your car inside a garage.
Source: http://www.epa.gov/(United States Environmental Protection Agency Web Site)