Assistant Chief Keith Mefford, with the Bowling Green Fire Department says, "In this instance they were apparently using two electrical heating units out of one outlet. And that put such a load on the electrical system that it resulted in a spark and eventually a fire."
That's what fire officials say happened at this house on 11th Avenue Tuesday night. They got the call around 10:30.
Chief Mefford says, "Found a one-story duplex with fire venting from the front door and from the side windows."
T.J. Frye says, "We saw that house up in flames. Last night we were playing X-Box and watching TV."
Frye was at his brother's house when they heard the sirens
Frye says, "We ran outside came out front and there were flames licking up the porch over there. They were way past the top of the porch."
When firefighters first arrived on the scene they searched the house for seven month old Juan Pablo Estrada. It was on their second search they found the infant in the fire.
Chief Mefford says, "After they went in and made the attack and did a search there were apparently three people there. The mother and five-year-old boy got out. And they did find an infant that was a fatality as a result of the fire."
The two boys' mother, Nelly Estrada, was not injured in the fire. The Bowling Green Fire Department has a burn victim fund to benefit the five-year-old boy. He is now at Vanderbilt Hospital. His name and condition are not being released.