Some church members in Central City no longer have a building where they can worship. Monday afternoon, the St. James AME Zion Church, couldn't hold services because the building was too hot.
Fire officials say a faulty furnace is to blame for a fire that broke out during the afternoon and gutted the 83-year-old building. Members of the congregation already have plans in the works to rebuild.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.