Nearly 40 million Americans have arthritis, and Kentucky ranks 2nd in the nation in the number of residents with the disease.
Runners from all over put on their Santa hats, laced up their shoes with bells, and took off in the first ever jingle bell run for arthritis.
Money from the Jingle Bell Run benefits the Arthritis Foundation to help with research and to develop treatments for the disease.
If you would like to donate to the Arthritis Foundation, call 1-800-633-5335.
wbko.com Extended Web Coverage
Jingle Bell Run
- The annual Jingle Bell Run/Walk takes place during the holiday season throughout November and December.
- The race’s cause is to help fight arthritis.
- Wear a seasonal costume and tie some jingling bells to your shoelaces, to jingle all the way to the finish line!
- The run is held in more than 100 cities across the country.
- Serves 687,000 men, women and children in Kentucky affected by arthritis.
- Contact info:
2908 Brownsboro Road
Louisville, KY 40206
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.