Clinton County Paramedic, Ronnie Coffey, says: "Most the time we usually average maybe 8 or 10 runs a day."
That was not the case this Thursday.
Albany Fire Chief, Robert Roeper, says: "I think there was a total of 16 that was transported by ambulance to the hospital."
Clinton County emergency dispatch got a call about a gas leak at Patriot Industries around 11:15. When they arrived one person had already passed out.
Coffey says: "We got her out and advised them to get everybody out and people were already starting to go down on us."
Once the workers were evacuated from the building they were put on a schoolbus.
Roeper says: "Keep them together. Keep them warm where EMS could check them out."
Some of the symptoms they complained of having were burning throats and the feeling of choking. That's because they were apparently breathing in carbon monoxide from the building's heating system.
Officials say no one was seriously injured even though more than 20 sought treatment. And they say they will have to make sure the building is safe before the employees are allowed to return.
Roeper says: "They're going to have to do some checks on some heaters to make sure the heaters are in good shape and ready to go back before they do."
For workers at Clinton County EMS it all made for an interesting day.
Coffey says: "Oh very interesting. This is what it's all about though."
EMS workers say they are glad the situation was handled as smoothly as it was. They also received help from nearby counties. As Chief Roeper said none of the employees will be allowed back to work until the building is inspected to make sure the carbon monoxide levels are safe.
That's not the only excitement that Clinton County emergency workers had. Just after eight Thursday morning dispatchers received a call about an oil spill in Spring Creek, just south of Albany, at Mammoth Resource Partners.
There are seven tanks there, but only three of them had oil in them. Officials say vandals are to blame for the leak.
Roeper says: "It looks apparently like someone intentionally opened them up to release it."
Workers from Mammoth Resource Partners worked to dam the creek and used absorbent pads to soak up the oil in the water. The United States EPA, Somerset Haz-Mat team, and various other state agencies were on the scene late into the day assessing the damage.