Kentucky State Police are offering some tips to residents braving the conditions on the road.
Here are some of the tips:
- Slow down gradually ahead of intersections.
- Create more distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- If you begin to skid, steer in the direction the vehicle is sliding until you feel recovery of traction and then slowly straighten the wheels.
- Don't slam on your brakes if you start to skid.
- Know what your brakes will do; with anti-lock, stomp and steer; without anti-lock, pump the brakes to avoid wheel lockup.
- And your tires should have good tread.
For more tips click on the links.