Driver Apologizes for Accident

By  | 

The accident happened Saturday morning in Logan County when a truck crossed into the southbound lane on Highway 79 striking 57-year old Cornelius Martin, 51-year old Brooks Mitchell, and 61-year old Charles "Bill" Leachman.

Martin and Mitchell were both pronounced dead at the scene and Leachman was airlifted to Vanderbilt Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.

After the accident 54-year old Mickey Mosher of Warsaw, Indiana was taken to Logan Memorial Hospital where she was treated for minor injuries and released.

She was then taken into custody by the Sheriff's Department and is lodged in the Logan County Detention Center.

Mosher says she travels through Kentucky often since she owns an independent escort company that provides service to trucking companies.

This is why she was traveling through the area on Saturday morning.

According to Mosher, she and a friend driving behind her were on the way home to Warsaw, Indiana.

"I just happened to glance down and back up and I saw I was across the yellow line and when I went to get over, I didn't even see them."

Mosher's truck collided with three motorcycles driven by Cornelius Martin, Brooks Mitchell, and Bill Leachman.

Martin and Mitchell were killed in the accident and Leachman has been upgraded to stable condition at Vanderbilt Hospital.

Mosher is charged with 1st Degree Assault, two counts 2nd Degree Manslaughter, D.U.I., possession of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphanelia.

The friend she was traveling with who was a witness to the accident was also arrested for marijuana possession.

"I'm devastated that I hurt anyone cause I never wanted to hurt anybody", says Mosher.

Results from Mosher's drug test are still pending.

"I just want the families to know I did not mean to hurt anyone. Please tell them i'm sorry and I wish I could take it all back", says Mosher.

According to the Logan County Sheriff's Department Mosher doesn't have a criminal background and they are now just waiting for the results of the drug test that she was given at the hospital.

Her bond is set at $250,000 and she'll be back in court on Thursday at 1:00 for her preliminary hearing.