Last month, a mother and daughter died at Lake Cumberland. State Boat and Wildlife Officials realized they were electrocuted after swimming behind a houseboat.
Officials say faulty wiring and old electrical work are partly to blame. He says it is important to avoid swimming near marinas.
Additionally, boaters should turn off their electric generators and motors when people are swimming near their boats.
To learn more, log onto www.uscgboating.org.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.