A Green County man got a tragic surprise Tuesday as he returned home from work to find his house still smoldering.
Flames engulfed part of the house on Kentucky Highway 218 in Green County just after 2 p.m. Tuesday.
Volunteer firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze before it completely destroyed the house... and were also able to salvage some furniture and belongings.
Volunteers say the owner was at work when the fire broke out. They suspect it may have started in a space heater inside the house.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.