Agri-tourism is becoming a big business in Kentucky, and with events like the "Pride of Kentucky" showcase, hosted at Western Kentucky University's Carroll Knicely Center, it gets an extra boost.
Produce, crafts, demonstrations and live animals were just a few of the "Kentucky Fresh" products featured at Thursday's showcase.
"Pride of Kentucky" helped farmers, craftsmen and agri-business owners to spread the word about their businesses in an effort to bring more tourism to Kentucky.
And if you are interested in promoting your Agriculture-based products from Kentucky... here are a few helpful web sites that aid producers in free advertising and provide helpful information:
- For direct marketed products: www.Kentuckyfarmdirect.com
- For agri-tourism operations: www.Kentuckyagri-tourism.com
- For Farmer's Markets: www.Kentuckyfarmersmarkets.com
- For Creating Websites: www.Kyagr.com/buyKy/webbuild/index.htm
- Also: www.thinkwestKentucky.com