Shop Light Starts BG House Fire

Five units and 16 firefighters responded to the call at 11:57 Wednesday morning, to find smoke pouring out of the second floor of a stone house at 128 Woodford in Bowling Green. Fire officials say the man who lived there had used a shop light in a closet.

They say he forgot to unplug it when he left the house, catching some clothes in the closet on fire. Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, but stayed an hour and 45 minutes to blow smoke out of the structure. No one was injured.


WBKO 2727 Russellville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101-3976 Phone: 270-781-1313 After Hours Hotline: 270-781-6397 Fax: 270-781-1814
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 533942 - wbko.com/a?a=533942
Gray Television, Inc.