Cigarette is to Blame for Bardstown Fire


Fire officials say a cigarette left burning near a chair, likely ignited a house fire that killed ten people in Bardstown. Investigators say they found an ashtray near the chair.

The Feb. 6, 2007, fire killed a grandmother, her boyfriend, her two children and six grandchildren.

The State Fire Marshal’s Office said the cigarette and fabric in the chair burned for about 40 minutes, producing toxic smoke before anybody noticed.


WBKO 2727 Russellville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101-3976 Phone: 270-781-1313 After Hours Hotline: 270-781-6397 Fax: 270-781-1814
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 5906041