Fire officials say a cigarette left burning near a chair, likely ignited a house fire that killed ten people in Bardstown. Investigators say they found an ashtray near the chair.
The Feb. 6, 2007, fire killed a grandmother, her boyfriend, her two children and six grandchildren.
The State Fire Marshal’s Office said the cigarette and fabric in the chair burned for about 40 minutes, producing toxic smoke before anybody noticed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.