The two-story house located at 1205 Matlock Road was the residence of local dentist, T.J. Blevins and his wife, Georgia.
No one was at home when the fire started.
The Blevins were at a relatives swimming and when they returned, they found flames and black smoke.
"It hurts. There's a lot of pain that goes with this, and it'll take weeks and months to get over. But everybody's alive and everybody's well and we can certainly replace this dwelling", said the Blevins son-in-law, Greg Morris.
Firefighters and members of the family were able to recover some personal items, but not the family pet, a poodle named Amy.
So far there has been no determination as to the cause of the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.