Neighbor Spots House Fire, Calls 911

Several fire departments across the area responded to a house fire on Aug. 12 in Rockfield.

Nobody was at home at the time of the fire.

Firefighters believe it started near the back of the home where the kitchen is located.

They say it was probably a result of something electrical.

Luckily, the neighbors across the street were home whenever the fire started and called 911.

"We were having a Sunday School party and our friends suggested that we go out on the trampoline and I saw smoke coming from the house," said Kaitlyn Burden, a neighbor who called 911.

The home was not at a complete loss from the fire.

Firefighters say the most damage was done from smoke and water.


WBKO.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WBKO 2727 Russellville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101-3976 Phone: 270-781-1313 After Hours Hotline: 270-781-6397 Fax: 270-781-1814
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 9116386 - wbko.com/a?a=9116386
Gray Television, Inc.