UPDATE: Bowling Green Man Dies After Being Stabbed

More Video...
By Kayla Vanover | 

BOWLING GREEN, Ky (WBKO) -- UPDATE: 6:50 pm Monday night, Bowling Green Police responded to a fight at the Shell Station on the corner of Fairview Avenue and 31W Bypass.

'When officers arrived, they understood a man had been put into a vehicle and had left the scene and they gave a vehicle description," said Ronnie Ward, Bowling Green Police.

Authorities say they passed the driver after she left the Shell Station. Moments later, officers pulled the champagne color Trailblazer over in a parking lot on the corner of Sixth Street and State Street," said Ronnie Ward, Bowling Green Police.

Officers approached the SUV, to finding 55-year-old Phillip Cox in the passenger seat.

"After police pulled over the vehicle, they were able to determine the man had some sort of wound, we called an ambulance and the man was taken to the hospital," said Ronnie Ward, Bowling Green Police.

Police say Cox had been stabbed in his upper torso, but authorities have not released any information about the weapon.

Cox soon died at the Medical Center and his body is currently in Louisville for an autopsy.

Officers are now trying to develop a timeline that illustrates how all events unfolded.

"Now our detectives are trying to determine where the stabbing took place and who potentially had stabbed him. We have some witness statements and we have some physical evidence as well. But, we are going to rely heavily on video," said Ronnie Ward, Bowling Green Police.

Police do know more than one person was involved.

Officials took the female driver to the Bowling Green Police Station for questioning, but she was later released. Her name has not been released.

The Bowling Green Police Department is investigating a stabbing which resulted in the death of a Bowling Green man.

The victim is 55 year-old Phillip P. Cox of Bowling Green. His body has been taken to Louisville where an autopsy will be performed.

According to police the preliminary investigation reveals he had been stabbed once in the torso.

Police questioned the female driver of the vehicle, but no one has been charged.

We'll have more information as it becomes available.

Police say one man was taken to the Medical Center after he was stabbed.

Around 9:45 pm, Bowling Green Police responded to a fight at a business on the 31W Bypass.

When officers arrived, the car involved already fled the scene. However, officers were able to locate it on Fairview Avenue, coming into town.

"We made the stop on the vehicle at Sixth Street and State Street. We were able to determine the man had what appeared to be a stab wound and he has been taken to the Medical Center. We have the female driver of the vehicle at the station for questioning," said Ronnie Ward, Bowling Green Police Department.

Bowling Green Police is not releasing any names at this time, as the investigation is ongoing. The condition of the victim is unknown.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus