Fire claims a house in Bowling Green this afternoon, and a family is now homeless.
Just before noon, the Bowling Green Fire Department responded to a house on 12th Ave., engulfed in flames.
Neighbors say, this is the second time this week, the house had caught fire.
Firefighters say the first time was an electric stove fire, but say there is no reason to believe the two fires are connected, since the electricity had been shut off.
"I was like, 'Oh my god, that house is on fire, again!' and I immediately called the fire department. And then the windows, you could hear them break, and then the flames come flying out the window," says next-door neighbor Penny Wells.
The fire was put out within an hour.
Firefighters say the house was destroyed, and the American Red Cross has placed the family in a hotel.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.