ASHLAND, Ky. (AP) -- Firefighters have rescued a teen who became stuck in the exhaust duct of an eastern Kentucky restaurant.
The Independent (http://bit.ly/Sokvif) reports that emergency crews were called Wednesday morning after employees at El Rancho Grande in Ashland arrived to work and heard someone yelling for help.
Ashland Fire Department Battalion Chief Bob McKeon said the juvenile apparently climbed on the roof around 2 a.m. to get to the duct and was able to squeeze down it, but got stuck in a "T" joint at the bottom of the vent.
McKeon said it took several tries to free the boy because he was slippery from all the grease in the duct.
The youth was taken to a local hospital after being freed. It was unclear whether he would face charges.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.