A fire nearly claimed the home of a Bowling Green woman earlier this evening.
Several county fire departments responded to the fire on Mudd Ave. after Brenda Seay says she was preparing oil to fry french fries at her home when she lost track of time and the kitchen caught on fire.
"I forgot about the grease, and when I looked back, it was flaming up. My cabinets were on fire, so I called 911. But I've lost my home. I'm 67 years old and I've worked all my life to have a home, and I've lost my home now."
Fire officials say the home received extensive damage, and while it is not currently livable, it could be salvaged. No one was injured in the fire.