Georgia Girl Severely Burned When Gas Ignites on Slide

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman said the girl was in a medically induced coma and in critical condition Monday at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.

LOGANVILLE, Ga. (AP) -- Authorities in Georgia say a 2-year-old girl was severely burned when gasoline sparked a fire on a slide where she and her sister were playing.

Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman says deputies believe one of the girls poured gasoline on the outdoor slide to make it more slippery. Authorities say they believe a spark from static electricity ignited the gas Saturday morning at their father's Loganville-area home.

Chapman said the girl was in a medically induced coma and in critical condition Monday at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.

Authorities are treating the case as an accident and don't anticipate filing any charges. The girl's 4-year-old sister was not seriously injured.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


WBKO.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WBKO 2727 Russellville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101-3976 Phone: 270-781-1313 After Hours Hotline: 270-781-6397 Fax: 270-781-1814
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 231564991 - wbko.com/a?a=231564991