'Glee' Star Dies From Overdose

VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- A coroner says `Glee' actor Cory Monteith died of an overdose of heroin and alcohol.

The British Columbia coroner's office says in a statement Tuesday that "there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most tragic accident."

The 31-year-old was found dead in his Vancouver, British Columbia, hotel room on Saturday. He was believed to be alone when he died.

Monteith had talked bluntly about struggling with addiction since he was a teenager, calling it a serious problem and telling Parade magazine in 2011 he was "lucky to be alive."


WBKO.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WBKO 2727 Russellville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101-3976 Phone: 270-781-1313 After Hours Hotline: 270-781-6397 Fax: 270-781-1814
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 215732791 - wbko.com/a?a=215732791
Gray Television, Inc.