Some Louisville-based investors wanting to reopen Kentucky Kingdom say they are not asking for any start-up funding from the state to get the rides running again at the amusement park.
The group led by Ed Hart met the state's deadline last week to submit a proposal for the abandoned Louisville park.
Hart said Monday his group would make a $120 million investment — including $50 million in start-up funding and $70 million over the term of the lease with the state. His group says it will restore all but one of the existing rides, add four rides and double the size of its water park.
Six Flags Inc. closed Kentucky Kingdom in February 2010. At the time, Kentucky Kingdom was the state's largest theme park.