Several Units Respond to a House Fire In Richardsville

A Richardsville man says he was sitting on his couch watching television with his children when he noticed the back porch of the house he was living in on fire.

It happened on Penns Chapel Road at about 6:15 Thursday evening.

He says he smelt plastic burning and when he got up to look, the back porch was fully engulfed in flames.

The man, his two children and another roommate who lives in the front half of the house were able to get out without injury.

Firefighters were able to contain the fire and put it out before reaching the front half.

Those who lived there say while half of the house may be destroyed they are thankful everyone got out safe.

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus