A judge has scrubbed the trial date for a one-time contractor at Fort Knox who is accused of steering hundreds of thousands of military contracting dollars to his own company.
U.S. District Judge Charles R. Simpson set a hearing for Gary T. Meredith for April 22 in Louisville. Meredith had been set to stand trial on Feb. 12. Simpson ruled that Meredith's case is complex and more time is needed for both sides to prepare for trial.
Meredith has pleaded not guilty to multiple charges, including wire fraud.
Prosecutors said he misused his military assignment at Fort Knox to create a lucrative retirement for himself.
Prosecutors said Meredith made $653,428 for his work as the subcontractor on a $2 million deal.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.