Marshal: Propane Leak Likely Cause of Explosion

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

MURRAY, Ky. (AP) — The Kentucky Fire Marshal says the most likely cause of a fatal house explosion in Murray is a leak in a liquid propane line.

Fire Marshal Bill Swope told the Murray Ledger & Times it appears that a leak in the line running beneath a single-story house triggered the explosion late on the night of Sept. 14. Killed in the blast was 71-year-old Kenneth Story. Four other people were injured.

Kentucky State Police spokesman Jay Thomas says investigators haven't found any signs of foul play.

The explosion was the second fatal such incident in Calloway County since a house was destroyed just outside of Murray in December 1998. One person died from injuries sustained in that explosion.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


WBKO.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WBKO 2727 Russellville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101-3976 Phone: 270-781-1313 After Hours Hotline: 270-781-6397 Fax: 270-781-1814
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 224716362 - wbko.com/a?a=224716362