BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) -- Pet owners in Bowling Green may want keep their pets under a close watch.
The Warren County Lost and Found Pets Facebook page has posted a warning that someone may be poisoning people's dogs in the area.
The post states that a dog was given chicken laced with poison, placed in its pen.
While the Bowling Green Police Department says it has not had any reports of dogs being poisoned, the Bowling Green-Warren County Humane Society says it's still important to take precautions, just in case.
"If you have outdoor pets you want to make sure that you are monitoring their behavior really closely, that you're checking on them multiple times throughout the day, and that you are observing their eating habits, making sure they are acting normally not lethargic or upset stomachs, and that you contact your vet right away if you notice anything out of the normal," says Leah Lawrence with the humane society.
Lawrence says some symptoms may be a change in energy level, dilated pupils, seizures, or an upset stomach.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.