Shoppers Give Back While Saving at Lil Angels Attic Consignment Sale

By: Melissa Warren Email
By: Melissa Warren Email

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) -- It's a 12 year long tradition, a unique children's consignment sale in Bowling Green that anyone can be a part of, and what makes it so interesting is not only it's size, but it's purpose.

The Lil Angels Attic consignment sale began in 2002 with a group of women from Broadway United Methodist Church, and now in it's 25th sale, it's helped raised thousands for local charities.

"We have currently donated over $600,000 in cash and merchandise donations," said Lil' Angels Attic Chairperson Jennifer Lamberth.

Lamberth says they have more than 25,000 items for sale this year, and it's those items, prices, and the spirit of giving that make veteran shoppers and consigners like Ivana Westcott coming back.

"My oldest is going to be eight, so I started when I was pregnant with her as a shopper, and then once I started compiling baby clothes, I came on as a consigner. When she was nine months old, I found out I was having twins. At that point in time, the baby stuff really started to pile up, and you can't beat the prices, and obviously the part of it going back to charity is a great bonus on top of everything else," said Veteran Shopper and Consigner Ivana Westcott.

Three-hundred consigners are allowed up to 150 items each, and they recieve 70 percent of the profit, while the other 30 percent goes directly to charities. The event is operated by church members and volunteers from the community.

"I think the big reason we came here is because it helps the community and it gives back. It's not only helping us, but helping others," said South Warren HS Beta Club volunteer Sydney Davenport.

"It's great. We try to recruit different sellers each sale. Of course we have a group of veteran sellers and consigners that always come back, but it's nice to see new faces and new families involved so they can learn about the different charities that benefit from the profits of the sale," said Lil' Angels Attic Committee Member McCall Allen.

Those include charities like CASA, BRASS, Family Enrichment, and many more. The Lil' Angels Attic sale will continue tomorrow with many items half price, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. For more information on the event, see the related link.


WBKO.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WBKO 2727 Russellville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101-3976 Phone: 270-781-1313 After Hours Hotline: 270-781-6397 Fax: 270-781-1814
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 249075571 - wbko.com/a?a=249075571
Gray Television, Inc.