- Country music group The Band Perry has stepped up to pay for the Watson family's funeral expenses. The Watsons lost 8 children and their mother in Thursday's tragic, early-morning house fire in Muhlenberg County.
- This is now day two of learning to cope with these horrific deaths. The school district's crisis response team has been on site with students and teachers, responding to questions that can't be answered.
- A candlelight prayer service for the Watson family, the victims of a fatal house fire in the Depoy community, has been scheduled for 7p.m. Friday at Calvary Baptist Church at 605 Stringtown Rd. in Central City.
- Hundreds of drivers have been reunited with abandoned cars and Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal ordered state employees back to work as the Atlanta area rebounds from a winter storm that coated the area with snow and ice.
- Chad and Nikki Watson moved around western Kentucky over the years before returning to Muhlenberg County -- the coal-laden ground where they both grew up -- to raise their nine children in a home owned by a relative.