- 12 oz thick-cut bacon (we used Stonecross Farms)
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 head of garlic, roasted in a 350˚ oven for about an hour, or until soft and golden
- 1/3 c mayo
- 1 T lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices of a hearty bread (we're using a seeded loaf from Blue Dog Bakery)
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1 medium-large tomato, cut into thick slices
- 4 eggs
- Place bacon and onions in a large skillet on medium heat, and allow to cook, turning
bacon occasionally, until bacon is golden and crispy, and onions begin to caramelize.
- Once bacon and onions are ready, set aside to drain on a plate with a layer of paper
- While the bacon and onions cook, remove roasted garlic from the skin and mash in a
small bowl with a fork. Add mayo and lemon juice, mix well and season to taste with
salt and pepper. Set aside aioli until sandwich assembly.
- Once ready for sandwich assembly, spread a thin layer of the aioli on each slice of
bread. Place two slices of bread, side by side, on each plate (this will be an open-
face sandwich), and top with a few pieces of lettuce, bacon and onions, and then the
tomato. Fry the eggs to each person's liking, and top each sandwich with a finished egg.