Posted: 12:27 PM
- Back in 1971, two South Dakota teens vanished on their way to a party. Now the 43-year-old mystery of their disappearance has been solved by the ebb and flow of a dirty creek and the contents of a well-preserved purse.
- A North Carolina man says his attorney did an insufficient job of representing him and wants a federal judge to overturn his conviction of complicity to commit murder in the death of his ex-girlfriend.
- Alison Lundergan Grimes raised more money than Mitch McConnell in the past three months, but the Democratic U.S. Senate candidate still trails the Senate Republican leader by a 2-to-1 margin in available funds.
- Kansas prosecutors have filed state-level murder charges against the white supremacist accused in a shooting spree that left three people dead at two Jewish community sites in suburban Kansas City.
- Authorities say a Utah woman accused of killing six babies that she gave birth to over 10 years told investigators that she either strangled or suffocated the children and then put them inside boxes in her garage.
- Attorney General Eric Holder says Justice Department prosecutors will investigate whether federal hate crimes were committed in the Kansas shootings that killed three people over the weekend.