- Republicans plan to force a vote on the state's implementation of the Affordable Care Act with the hopes of using it as leverage in November to take control of the House of Representatives.
- Police say the man who killed two people at a Maryland mall in January had no connection with his victims and may have had a fixation with the 1999 Columbine High School shooting.
- The widow of a highly decorated World War II veteran from southern Kentucky has lost a bid to require the U.S. Army to review an application to award her husband a Medal of Honor for his service.
- Errico Auricchio produced cheese with his family in Italy until he brought his trade to the United States more than 30 years ago. Now, the European Union is saying his cheese isn't authentic enough to carry a European name.
- The voice of University of Louisville football and basketball, Paul Rogers, has been selected along with six others for the 2014 class of inductees to the Kentucky Athletic Hall of Fame.