- An audio recording from the control tower at Birmingham's airport shows workers were trying to reopen the main runway when a UPS cargo jet crashed while trying to land on an alternate runway, killing two pilots.
- According to an Associated Press study, which was conducted by the State Health Access Data Assistance Center at the University of Minnesota, 28 percent of the 1.1 million people in Kentucky between the ages of 19 and 39 were uninsured in 2011.
- Hundreds of drivers have been reunited with abandoned cars and Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal ordered state employees back to work as the Atlanta area rebounds from a winter storm that coated the area with snow and ice.
- Chad and Nikki Watson moved around western Kentucky over the years before returning to Muhlenberg County -- the coal-laden ground where they both grew up -- to raise their nine children in a home owned by a relative.
- An experimental therapy that fed children with peanut allergies small amounts of peanut flour has helped more than 80 percent of them safely eat a handful of the previously worrisome nuts.