- A southern Indiana woman and her boyfriend have been charged with committing sexual offenses against children in western Kentucky after prosecutors say they threatened the children with "hexes and curses"
- The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services is appealing a judge's order that it release case files on children who were being monitored by the state when they died or nearly died from abuse or neglect.
- An initial investigation into a plane crash in the Cherokee National Forest says the wreckage was found upright and the deceased pilot was in the cockpit wearing an undeployed parachute.
- Former Stinking Creek Volunteer Fire Chief Jesse Jaynes has been found competent to stand trial in the fatal shooting of a man investigators believe had a romantic relationship with Jaynes' wife.
- The official death toll from Washington's mudslide has increased to 27, with the Snohomish County medical examiner's office saying 19 victims have been positively identified. That's up from 24 dead with 18 identified on Monday.
- The Kentucky General Assembly has banned electronic cigarette sales to minors, allowed minors under 14 to referee youth soccer games and approved the state's first use of a medicinal marijuana product as the session winds down.