- Kentucky's mine inspectors would be required to spend less time examining coal operations under language inserted in the state Senate's budget proposal. Mine-safety advocates say fewer inspections would raise the risks for miners.
- Kentucky Attorney General Jack Conway says he and 19 other Attorneys Generals plus a City Attorney have reached a settlement with the company that makes the alcoholic drink Four Loko.
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes launched a program on Tuesday aimed at keeping the addresses of domestic violence and sexual assault victims out of publicly available voter records.
- Candidates for governor who donate at least $1 million to their own campaigns would automatically increase the contribution limits of their opponents under a bill the Kentucky House approved Monday.
- The president of a Chicago transit union said Monday there are indications that the operator dozed off before the train jumped the tracks and scaled an escalator at one of nation's busiest airports, injuring 32 people.