Bowling Green Firefighter John Gott is indicted by a Warren County grand jury on first-degree sexual abuse charges against a relative.
Gott recently plead not guilty to sex abuse charges in Barren County.
Those charges stemmed from an incident at the Barren River Lake State Park.
Fire department officials say Gott is on leave from his duties as a firefighter.
wbko.com Extended Web Coverage
Statistics on Sexual Violence
- From 1998 to 1999 the overall violent crime rate declined 10 percent in the United States.
- According to this same report, rapes increased from 110 per thousand in 1998 to 141 per thousand in 1999, a 20 percent increase.
- Sexual assault for that same period also increased by 33.3 percent.
- An estimated 1 in 4 women, and 1 in 6 men will experience a sexual assault in their lifetime.
- Approximately 70 percent of rapes and sexual assaults are not reported to police.
- Almost 70 percent of the rape and sexual assault victims knew the offender as an acquaintance, friend, relative, or intimate.
- In response to these alarming statistics, the National Sexual Violence Resource Center (NSVRC) was formed and opened in July of 2000.
- The National Sexual Violence Resource Center is dedicated to strengthening the support system serving sexual assault survivors.
Source: http://www.nsvrc.org/ (National Sexual Violence Resource Center Web Site)