Family Loses Everything in House Fire

A fire destroys a Bowling Green family's home, and now friends are hoping to help them rebuild.

The fire happened on Magnolia St. around 2:30 a.m. on Sept. 14, when the homeowner, Victoria Bryant, and her daughter were trying to go to sleep.

When Victoria unplugged a lamp in the home, it caught on fire.

By the time she ran to get a fire extinguisher, the wall of the room was engulfed in flames.

"Everything that we had was gone. We didn't have anything but what we had on. It was my whole life--pictures, clothing, sentimental things--they're all gone," Bryant said.

Victoria and her two children must now rebuild the home, which they didn't have insurance on.

Broadway United Methodist Church has already given the family some money, but if you'd like to donate, you can stop by any BB&T Bank and donate under "Stacie Ennis Benefit for Victoria Bryant.


WBKO.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WBKO 2727 Russellville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101-3976 Phone: 270-781-1313 After Hours Hotline: 270-781-6397 Fax: 270-781-1814
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 9816271 - wbko.com/a?a=9816271
Gray Television, Inc.