Child Burned After Ingesting Meth Ingredient

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

HARTFORD, Ky. (AP) -- Authorities say a 2-year-old western Kentucky girl is in critical condition at a Louisville hospital after ingesting an ingredient used to make methamphetamine.

The Ohio County sheriff's office says the girl suffered chemical burns to her lips, mouth, tongue and esophagus.

Police say the mother of the child, Racheal Arroyo, and her boyfriend, Jared McStoots, brought her to a local hospital Saturday and stated they did not know what she had ingested. That night she was airlifted to Kosair Hospital in Louisville.

Police determined that the child had ingested sulfuric acid drain opener.

WFIE-TV in Evansville reports Arroyo and McStoots were arrested and charged with controlled substance endangerment to a child and wanton endangerment.

Kentucky State Police found evidence of meth being manufactured at the home.


WBKO.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WBKO 2727 Russellville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101-3976 Phone: 270-781-1313 After Hours Hotline: 270-781-6397 Fax: 270-781-1814
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 210862671