Grayson County Fire Ruled Accidental

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

Sunday's blaze ignited in the ceiling, and there was no sign of foul play.

LEITCHFIELD, KY (AP) -- The state fire marshal says a fire that killed three people at a mobile home in central Kentucky started accidentally near a light fixture.

Fire marshal spokeswoman Ricki Gardenhire says investigators determined that Sunday's blaze ignited in the ceiling, and there was no sign of foul play.

Killed in the fire were Eddie Clouse; his son, Cole Clouse, who would have turned 2 next month; and a family friend, Kalvin King. The fire started just before 11:00 p.m. CDT near Leitchfield.

Deputy Kentucky Fire Marshal Chris Crawford says the fire had already flashed over, or was consuming the home from floor to ceiling, when firefighters arrived, but the Leitchfield Fire Department managed to bring the fire under control quickly.


WBKO.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WBKO 2727 Russellville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101-3976 Phone: 270-781-1313 After Hours Hotline: 270-781-6397 Fax: 270-781-1814
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 206482801