Race Fan from Tennessee Killed by Carbon Monoxide

By: Associated Press
By: Associated Press

TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) -- Authorities have identified a Tennessee man who died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in his mobile home at the Talladega Superspeedway.

Talladega County Deputy Coroner Larry Seals said Monday that 46-year-old Craig Morgan was found dead in his motor home near the racetrack on Saturday afternoon. Investigators have said Morgan's wife, Jami Allison Morgan, was also taken to UAB Hospital in critical condition.

Seals says he's unsure of where in Tennessee the couple was from.

Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore has said friends the couple went to the NASCAR race with found them unresponsive inside the motor home.

Seals told WBRC-TV the couple was likely using a gas stove for heat and there was a problem with the generator's exhaust system.

(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)


WBKO.com is happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules:

Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, no links, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards.

powered by Disqus
WBKO 2727 Russellville Road Bowling Green, KY 42101-3976 Phone: 270-781-1313 After Hours Hotline: 270-781-6397 Fax: 270-781-1814
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 228682141