- The Bowling Green Police Department has a saying that goes, "Hire for character, train for skill." By expanding the application pool to include those with only a high school or equivalent diploma, the department hopes to do just that.
- The Barren River District Health Department said every woman, pregnant or not, needs to know the benefits associated with taking folic acid. This week is National Folic Acid Awareness week.
- Tracy Moser, a retail store owner in Greenwood Mall for nearly four years, has grown accustomed to having her store open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. every Friday and Saturday. However, last week that changed.
- If you want to be a Bowling Green police officer it’s now easier to meet the requirements. The police department has lowered its application standards to allow more people to become officers.
- It's every homeowners worst dream ... to hire a contractor who doesn't follow through on the contract. It's the reason why a morning court case drew an audience all the way from Texas.
- It was a warm welcome home for one South Central Kentucky soldier returning from Texas. Maj. Brook Talley, returned to Bowling Green around 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 7, 2007, after weeks of surgery following a shooting in Iraq.
- There are the typical New Year's resolutions that many strive for such as working out, eating healthier or to stop smoking. WBKO wanted to look at one other New Year's resolution that you might not have thought about.