- A former United States Postal Service Employee has been sentenced to six months in prison followed by six months of house arrest for destroying, hiding and delaying the delivery of at least 44,900 pieces of mail.
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is taking his message of a more inclusive Republican Party to Chicago, where he promoted school choice for poor families and planned to meet students at University of Chicago.
- One doctor has been fired and another is being dismissed from the Kentucky State Penitentiary after an inmate went on a hunger strike and committed suicide by starving himself to death.
- A public television program premiering next month will feature video shot last year at Western Kentucky University, where a couple of faculty members have been testing the bite force of shark teeth.
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is touting his conservative credentials in a new TV ad about a month before his Republican primary against political newcomer Matt Bevin, who is trying to rally tea party supporters to his side.