- A longtime citizen activist who has helped usher a plan for destroying the chemical weapons stored in Kentucky is in Europe this week to help explore solutions to Syria's chemical weapons stockpile.
- Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky was one of two political leaders who received the Crime Fighter Award from the Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network on Wednesday.
- Kentucky Education Commissioner Terry Holliday is warning that school districts will have to cut up to 2,000 teachers and teaching assistants if lawmakers don't restore school funding cuts.
- Mexico's nuclear safety director says that a missing radioactive cobalt-60 has been found near where the stolen truck transporting the material was abandoned in central Mexico state.
- As the search for the thief, or thieves in the Pappy Van Winkle case continues, Doug Hubbard, a Bardstown attorney representing the once "person of interest" in he case, has a theory of his own.
- An elementary school teacher in Hendersonville, Tennessee wanted to show her students how quickly a picture can spread on the internet. Imagine her surprise when that picture went viral.
- If St. Peter ever needs help at the pearly gates, Pope Francis may be the perfect man for the job. It turns out the popular pontiff was once a bouncer at a nightclub in his native Argentina.