- After waiting more than two weeks for the House to give the Senate a budget proposal to work with, Senator Mitch McConnell says it was up to him to do the best he could to end the government shutdown.
- House Speaker Greg Stumbo appointed the five members who will serve on the investigative committee that he called for in Thursday’s Petition for Censure or Expulsion of Rep. John Arnold.
- Kentucky's emergency management chief has resigned after a team of auditors found misuse of taxpayer money, intimidation of employees, and an overtly hostile workplace within his agency.
- Agriculture Commissioner James Comer cheered House passage of legislation Thursday, to allow university research on industrial hemp. The measure was an amendment to the farm bill that passed in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Political leaders from coal-rich Kentucky were quick to denounce climate change initiatives announced by President Barack Obama, saying efforts to reduce carbon dioxide emissions will hurt the state's mining industry, and drive up energy costs.
Kentucky's Legislature at your fingertips. Search through this session's legislation, check your legislator's voting record, or even stay updated by email as bills move through the legislature.