Austin Dillon wins Xfinity Series race at Daytona
- Austin Dillon has won the Xfinity Series race at Daytona International Speedway by avoiding a late accident and then holding off the competition on a two-lap sprint to the finish.
Dempsey, Chandler score as US beats Guatemala 4-0
- Clint Dempsey converted a penalty kick in his return from a suspension for a confrontation with a referee, Timmy Chandler scored his first international goal and the United States routed Guatemala 4-0 Friday night in an exhibition ahead of the CONCACAF Gold Cup.
Gomez grand slam highlights Brewers' 12-1 win over Reds
- Carlos Gomez hit his first career grand slam and tied his career high with five RBIs, leading Milwaukee over the Cincinnati Reds 12-1 Friday night and extending their winning streak to six.
Rays Trade BG Pitcher Enderson Franco To Miami Marlins
- The Tampa Bay Rays announced Friday that Bowling Green right-handed starter Enderson Franco has been traded to the Miami Marlins for an international bonus slot valued at approximately $500,000. The 2015 international signing period began on Thursday.
Riley Unroe’s Grand Slam Powers BG Past South Bend, 5-0
- Riley Unroe hit Bowling Green’s first grand slam of 2015 as part of a five-run top of the fifth inning that forged the Hot Rods past South Bend, 5-0, in the first of a four-game home-and-home series in front of 7,855 fans Thursday night, the second-largest crowd in Four Winds Field history.
NASCAR tracks jointly ask fans not to fly Confederate flag
- Every track that hosts a NASCAR national series race has asked its fans to refrain from displaying the Confederate flag at its events.
Aaron Harrison Named to Charlotte Summer League Roster
- And then there were seven. Aaron Harrison was officially tabbed to the Charlotte Hornets summer league roster on Wednesday, becoming the seventh Wildcat from the 2014-15 Final Four squad to earn selection to an NBA squad.
Seven-Run Fourth Too Much For BG To Overcome In 7-1 Loss
- Ruddy Giron’s three-run home run powered a seven-run bottom of the fourth for Fort Wayne, as the TinCaps clinched the series victory in a 7-1 win over Bowling Green in front of 6,031 fans at Parkview Field Wednesday afternoon.
Former WKU pitcher Miranda Kramer named CUSA female athlete of the year
- Honor one of many for decorated Lady Topper
Justin Williams’ Five Hits Leads Hot Rods Past TinCaps, 7-2
- Behind Justin Williams’ career-high 5-for-5 performance at the plate, Bowling Green ended a seven-game road losing streak, as well as Fort Wayne’s seven-game home winning streak, busting out 15 total hits in a 7-2 victory over the TinCaps in front of 4,116 fans at Parkview Field on Tuesday night.
US heads to World Cup final with 2-0 win over Germany
- Carli Lloyd buried a penalty kick, Hope Solo got another shutout and the United States beat top-ranked Germany 2-0 on Tuesday night to advance to the title match at the Women's World Cup.
Hot Rods Rally Falls Short In Fort Wayne
- Hot Rods lose 2-0 vs. Tin Caps
More Sports Headlines (2)