Green River District Health Department: 26 additional COVID-19 cases and three deaths in Ohio County.
OWENSBORO, Ky. (WBKO) - The Green River District Health Department reported 203 additional confirmed COVID-19 cases with 109 in Daviess County, 6 in Hancock County, 42 in Henderson County, 4 in McLean County, 26 in Ohio County, 12 in Union County, and 4 in Webster County.
The COVID-19 related deaths were 3 residents of Ohio County and 2 in Webster County.
Last week, Green River District saw an additional 1,053 reported COVID-19 cases. The past week also saw 9 COVID-19 related deaths in the seven county region.
- There have been 11,623 reported COVID-19 cases in the district to date.
- The district-wide total of recovered cases is now 8,578 (74%).
- 37 reported confirmed cases are currently hospitalized.
- 622 (5%) have required hospitalization.
- There have been 208 COVID-19 related deaths in the district.
- The state of Kentucky is currently reporting 244,297 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 2,412 statewide deaths.
“Practice the three “W’s: wear a mask, wash your hands, and watch your distance. It is important to protect yourself and those around you,” said Clay Horton, GRDHD Public Health Director. “This is crucial when interacting with anyone outside of your household, including friends, extended family, coworkers, and in public settings. Do not host or attend gatherings of any kind. Leaders of organizations like churches, team coaches, and workplace supervisors are encouraged to lead by example and make wise decisions to protect those for whom you are responsible.”
The health department is offering free COVID-19 testing and encourages anyone who has been in crowds, had close contact with people in public, or traveled recently to get tested. To schedule an appointment visit the GRDHD website, https://healthdepartment.org, and follow the COVID-19 Test prompts. You must be pre-registered to be tested.
Copyright 2020 WBKO. All rights reserved.