Gov. Beshear: 2,000 open vaccine appointments at Greenwood Mall Kroger Clinic
FRANKFORT, Ky. (WBKO) - On Thursday, Gov. Andy Beshear gave the latest update on Kentucky’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Gov. Beshear announced that more than 1.5 million Kentuckians had received at their least their first shot of the COVID-19 vaccine.
The governor said there thousands of open vaccine appointments next week across the commonwealth including 2,000 appointments available at the Greenwood Mall Kroger Clinic. Schedule an appointment here.
Gov. Beshear reported 645 new cases of the virus and 16 deaths.
The governor also announced that the unemployment system would be shut down until Tuesday due to fraudulent activity and hacking attempts. No new claims can be filed starting midnight tonight through the closure.
In order to secure their accounts, claimants will need to follow these steps:
- Create a new 12 character password using a mix of letters, numbers and special characters
- Verify email address and receive access code through your email account
- Use the new eight-digit PIN you were mailed in the letter
- The telephone claiming system (interactive voice response) will use the new eight-digit PIN
- Review all the information on their account to make sure it’s correct
- If the account information is not correct you can receive a paper check. Only new claimants can enter account information for the time being.
Copyright 2021 WBKO. All rights reserved.