Where to donate locally towards Eastern Kentucky relief efforts
BOWLING GREEN, Ky. (WBKO) - With aid and recovery efforts in high demand for Eastern Kentucky, many are searching for places to donate locally.
Former WKU basketball player Justin Johnson is collecting items behind Crossland Community Church.
”Baby items, which is diapers, formula, wipes. Anything that a baby can use. Canned foods that have a snap lid on them because they don’t have can openers,” he said. “They want anything easy access for food items. Toiletry items. Clorox for cleaning and cleaning items.”
So far, the following locations are accepting donations (by county).
- Behind Crossland Community Church on Fairview, Tuesday, Aug. 2 from 8 to 10 a.m. and 4 to 8 p.m.
- Warren County Public schools (gift cards)
- OneSong Church through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- VFW on Highway 185 through Aug. 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Hillvue Heights Church
- Warren RECC offices through Friday, Aug. 5
- Med Center Health has organized a Flood Relief Drive to support Eastern Kentucky communities devastated by the recent floods. The drive will be held on Friday, Aug. 5 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the parking lot of the UK College of Medicine, Bowling Green Campus and Medical Education Complex located at 339 U.S. 31 W Bypass in Bowling Green, across from the Kroger shopping plaza. Donations received will be taken to Eastern Kentucky following the flood relief drive on Friday
- Cave City Fire Department through Friday, Aug. 5 at 4 p.m.
- Barren County Family YMCA
- South Green Street church of Christ
- Lucky Duck Discount
- A Plus Family Healthcare
- Grace Union Baptist Church
- North Metcalfe Volunteer Fire and Rescue
- City Hall through Thursday, Aug. 4.
Copyright 2022 WBKO. All rights reserved.